Monday, December 26, 2011

Time Heals

Today marks the one month anniversary of David's birth. I can't believe how quickly time goes by and just how much better we feel everyday. We never would have made it without our faith in God, the strength we've had in one another, and the love and support of our friends and family. Everyday there are fewer tears and more joy. It's hard to think about the fact that David should still be a lil bun in the oven, but oh so comforting to know that he's waiting for us in heaven. I think the hardest day for me was on Dec. 1st when a newly pregnant gal at the commissary asked me how far along I was. She was so excited to be pregnant and wanted to ask me questions. I told her I had just had a baby but I didn't tell her about David. I think the hardest thing about it was that during my pregnancy not a single stranger ever asked me if I was pregnant and now only a few days after loosing our son someone thought I was pregnant. We've spent a lot of time focusing our time and energy on our sweet Adalyn. She has been, as always, such a joy! We pray that one day when the time is right that God will bless us with another child, but until then we will enjoy moments with Adalyn and cherish our memories of David.

No comments:

Post a Comment